Back in the game


Firstly my apologies for having not posted for a while. I have no excuse other than to admit I have been wallowing in self pity, and didn't want to share my bad mood with all of you! This winter has been so hard for me (and many of you I'm sure), it seems to have been raining for 4 months straight and in the small reprieves from torrential downpours we get gale force winds and icy ground. This has hit my business HARD. Work always drops off a little over winter, people are less inclined to ride, have less money because of Christmas and fall foul to the dreaded lurgy. However this year has been so much worse, ill horses, lame horses (including both of mine) and sadly 2 PTS (obviously this is a milliin times worse for their owners, but it is still impactive on my income). So with work down to bare minimum, my other half in the same boat and two lame ponies I was feeling really quite rubbish. I usually seek solace online, reading inspiring posts and training videos/blogs; but even here I have witnessed public attacks on other riders. There has been a lot of controversy surrounding an American rider in the news, but closer to home I have seen people who truly do not deserve it being called out and victimised. STOP. Think about what you are posting and how that person will be affected by your actions. Sadly some people take great pleasure in putting others down, especially whilst hiding behind a keyboard, and it can really outweigh the positives of having the internet/social media these days.

So in essence, I fully appreciate there are people with far worse problems than myself; but sometimes we all need a little cry and time out.



Anyway.... I am back! Head just about above water, scrabbling for the light at the end of the tunnel. Socks is back in work and being a super good girl, Mouse has had a couple of hacks when the weather has been nice enough; including boxing him over to a friend's yard for a nice ride over the farm. I have entered dressage this coming Monday (can you believe it is 7 months since our last test, how on earth has that happened?!) I promise to update afterwards, warts and all! I also have some jumping lessons booked and CPD days through BD and BHS. Getting my mojo back hopefully, so please do share all your stories too. Let's cheer ourselves up 😁

Comments